Work from home ideas
You have already probably replied to one or two of the more common work from home advertisements: selling water filters, answering telephones, stuffing envelopes etc.
Here are a few suggestions that will get your brain cells pulsating, but you need to act on the idea to make it happen. Who knows. you could get rich (and happy!).
5. Have a hobby? Convert that hobby into a money-making venture! It doesn’t even have to be internet-based.
- Are you into animals? Set up a dog-walking business, or do they call that pet-minding? Pet-grooming then?
- Make plates and pots – or charge to teach other people your craft
- Knit a lot? Charge to knit for others. Do alterations
- Like baking? Buy a £9 book about themed birthday cake ideas and put your pinny on! This is truly viral. Once mums see your incredible creations at a birthday party, they’ll all be asking where the cake came from. Word gets around fast.
- Handy with a video camera? Buy a video editing package (iMovie is free if you have a Mac) and set up a video editing service. How many people do you know with hundreds of hours of unedited family footage? Charge them £x per hour for viewing and £y for editing time. You can even charge for burning the DVDs.
- Love kids? Do some child care or child tutoring.
- Love reading? Plenty of proofreading work out there.
- Speak a foreign language? Translation pays well.
- Are you a computer ‘tecky’? Then you’ll know how easy it is now to remotely administer other PCs. Providing remote PC support is a rapidly growing business, and one that can be done entirely from your own home office.
6. Put people together. My Dad is a very clever bloke. He made a small fortune putting local foreign language tutors in touch with students. They either used the student’s or tutor’s own home, so he didn’t even need to provide premises. Tutors supplied their own teaching materials. He charged students X, paid tutors Y and made profit Z on every single hour of tuition.